Primary Mission Calling (…at this time!)
PLEASE LIFT UP YOUR REQUEST TO THE LORD!
Pray for… DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING. American missionaries have brought the Gospel to Togo, but many of the people are still lost. There is a pressing need for the Great Commission to be fulfilled here; making disciples among the lost and among immature believers. We believe the Lord’s desire is to raise up local, Togolese Christians to lead this mission. In order to accomplish, there is an extreme need for Discipleship training there in Togo. This currently being done through a very small Bible College that Pastor Patrick is running on a part-time basis along with everything else he is trying to do there.
Matthew 28: 18-20
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Pray for… ORPHAN MINISTRY. In Togo, there were an estimated 280,000 orphans under 18 years of age in 2005; 88,000 of them were orphaned by AIDS. These numbers are estimated to be much higher today. We believe the Lord desires for us to minister to orphans in Togo. This would be the most difficult logistical and financial ministry of sharing Christ, and meeting overwhelming needs. Families and children are suffering. They do not have food on the table. Hundreds upon hundreds are dying every day. Help us to restore the hope for children, and return the children's smile.
Pure and genuine religion (faith) in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
Pray for… SOCCER EVANGELISM MINISTRY. As in much of Africa, soccer (football) is the most popular sporting pursuit. In 2006, Togo qualified for the World Cup, causing even more enthusiasm for the sport. We desire to work through local leaders to organize soccer teams and soccer leagues, supplied by donations, as a vehicle to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Much like “Back Yard Bible Clubs,” “Kids Beach Clubs,” and Fellowship of Christian Athletes, this, too, will be a ministry that is reliant on the leadership and participation of local Togolese Christians.
Please pray for the following key individuals in support of this ministry:
- Pastor Patrick Vigbedor. Patrick was born, raised and educated in Togo. He has lived in the USA for the past 11 years and has gone back to Togo to spread the gospel. He is an ordained, evangelical pastor who is answering God’s call to be a principle leader in all areas of ministry there in Togo.
- Koku Tonyewonya Fiagbe. Koku, a believer, trained in law at the University of Lome and now teaches high school history and geography while tutoring law students. Please pray for God’s role for him in these ministries.
- Christians in Togo who the Lord will call to lead and assist in each ministry area.
- Christians outside Togo who the Lord will call to lead and/or assist in each ministry area.
- Churches that the Lord will call to pray for and assist with various ministry areas there in Togo.
Then the righteous will answer Him, “Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?” The King will answer and say to them, “Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.”